Partnership & S-Corporation


Partnership and an S-Corporation are similar in that they are both a pass-through entities and therefore the income and losses passes through the corporation to its owners’ personal tax returns. Therefore the partners or  Shareholders must be provided with a  Schedule K-1 listing their shares in the company and also their share of corporation income or losses.


The main difference between a Partnership and an S-Corporation is the employment status of owners who work in the business. The owner of an LLC taxed as a partnership is not an employee of the LLC for tax purposes. He or she is simply a business owner. However, an S-corporation owner who performs more than minor services for the corporation will be its employee for tax purposes, as well as an owner. In effect, an active owner in an S corporation wears at least two hats: as a shareholder (owner) of the entity, as well as an employee of that entity. Thus, for S-Corporation employee/owner should be salaried for his or her services with a reasonable salary and any other employee compensation the corporation wants to provide.


Deductible Business expenses are any eligible expenses incurred in the ordinary course of business. Business expenses are deductible and are always netted against total business income. Business expenses Must be ordinary and necessary to operate your business or trade. Ordinary expenses mean that most business owners in the same type of business or trade as yours would commonly pay for these expenses. Necessary expenses mean that the expenses help you in doing your business, are suitable, and you may not be able to operate the business if these expenses were not incurred. Personal expenses are not deductible.

Capital expenses are those costs incurred by you or your company when acquiring or upgrading or maintaining physical assets such as property, industrial buildings, or equipment. These capital expenses are recognized as business assets and must be capitalized, rather than deducted. These expenses are deducted over a number of years through depreciation. Example of such expenses include costs of computers, furniture, property, equipment, trucks, etc. According to the IRS, the three types of costs that must be capitalized are business start-up costs, business assets, and improvements.

The expenses in the fillable form below are for your guidance, please feel free to add any other ordinary and necessary expense that you incurred while operating your business. Please note that the IRS expects you to have a verifiable documented evidence of the expenses that you show in your taxes. Please keep all your records for five years.

Please download and fill the following forms  as you prepare to do your taxes.

( The form is FILLABLE ,Please fill it and email or upload into your account )





Please feel free to share with your friends